December 24-25, 2018:
- Vista offices will be closed for the holidays.
December 31, 2018:
- Deadline to take Required Minimum Distributions from IRAs if you're over 70 ½. If you turned 70 ½ in 2018, we should discuss your choices. We're currently reviewing all accounts carefully to make sure that all of our clients are in compliance.
- Complete gifts to individuals for 2018, including 529 plan contributions. The maximum exclusion this year is $15,000 per gift, per person.
- Complete charitable donations for 2018.
- Open new qualified retirement plan accounts for business owners.
January 1, 2019:
- Vista offices will be closed for the New Year's holiday.
January 15, 2019:
- Fourth quarter 2018 estimated taxes are due.
April 15, 2019:
- 2018 Tax Filing Deadline.
- IRA contributions are due.
- Note: SEP-IRA contributions can be deposited later than April 15th, if the related tax return is extended.
- If any excess contributions were made to IRA or 401(k) plans, these contributions should be withdrawn to avoid excise penalties.